To be eligible to participate in athletics, each student must maintain the following standards:
- Good citizenship by following school rules, keeping 80 or more merits, and having no more than one “U” on a grade check.
- A 2.0 grade point average or higher, with no more than one “F”.All eligibility is based upon current grade/merit checks at the time of tryouts for cut sports and at first team practice for non-cut sports.
Boys’ & Girls’ Track
Cheer (Try Outs April)
- Students must have all required forms signed and turned in to the coach on time.
- Students must attend school for at least four periods to be eligible to participate in practices or games on any given day.
- If students’ grades fall below grade requirements during the season, they will have two weeks to remove the deficiency. Students will not be allowed to practice and will not participate in games until the grade requirements are met. If the deficiency is not removed within two weeks, students will be removed from the team.
- Placement in on campus suspension will result in removal from the team for that placement period.
- Any player who has been suspended for possession or use of weapons or drugs (e.g. tobacco, alcohol, marijuana, etc.) at school or school functions will be ineligible for all sports for the remainder of the school year.
- Inappropriate behavior on bus trips will not be tolerated. Students may be subject to removal from team participation.
- A player’s personal appearance, when in uniform, must conform to what the coach/administrator determines is important to the success, safety, and sportsmanship of the play in the sport.
To be eligible to participate in Cheer Squad, each student must maintain the following standards:
The following are required to participate in promotion activities:
*Students will be ineligible for the promotion dance and water park trip if merits drop below 80 during the fourth quarter.
During the eighth grade year, parent/guardian of eighth grade students will receive notification if total merit loss is 40. When merit loss is 100 for the year, parents will be notified that the student is no longer eligible for the dance or water park trip.