Philosophy – Be Safe, Be Responsible, Be Respectful
The Board of Trustees, the administration, and staff of Spring View Middle School believe that the behavior of students attending public schools should reflect standards of good citizenship expected by members of a democratic society. The students shall be expected to:
- Respect constituted authority, state laws, school policies, and regulations.
- Assume personal responsibility for their education and behavior.
- Maintain high standards of courtesy, decency, and morality; respect real estate and personal property.
- Exhibit pride in their work and achievement.
Staff members serve as role models for students. Students can expect to be treated with respect even when their behavior is inappropriate.
Responsible Student Behavior
Spring View Middle School students are expected to show respect for ALL staff members, the rights of other students, and for the properties furnished for their use. To ensure high standards of conduct, certain rules have been established. Some of these rules are mandated by the State of California, others have been developed for general safety and welfare and to create an atmosphere in which all students can be proud of their school and fellow students.
Every student shall:
- Have the right to learn, free from interference or interruption of the educational process.
- Have respect for other people’s feelings, rights, property, health, and safety.
- Respond to all adults and fellow students in a courteous manner including substitutes.
- Regard school as his/her place of work. Students’ clothing and behavior should reflect this fact.
- Take responsibility for creating and maintaining a kind, safe, productive, and clean campus.
Standards of Student Behavior
A program for behavior and citizenship has been established to help students in their positive efforts. For all discipline problems that occur at the school level, the Spring View Middle School Behavioral Support Program will be followed. The program is a consistent guide to consequences, which includes detention, on campus suspension, suspension, possible Saturday school, reports to authorities, independent study, and/or expulsion. Our program will be in effect while on school grounds, while going to and from school, and during all extracurricular school functions on and off campus.