What is AVID?
AVID stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination.
A College Preparatory Program
• AVID stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination.
• AVID prepares students for college eligibility and success.
• AVID places students in rigorous courses and provides them with support to succeed.
• AVID is for all students, but targets those in the academic middle.
Who May Participate?
Students who have the potential and desire to attend a four year college and:
• Have appropriate classroom behavior.
• Have between a 2.0 and 3.5 grade point average when they enter the program.
• Have a good attendance record.
• Have good work habits.
• Are willing to commit themselves to a minimum of two hours of homework each night.
• Study Skills
• Note Taking
• Test Taking Strategies
• Career Awareness
• Critical Thinking
• Reading and Writing
• Tutorials with RHS Trained Tutors
• Cornell Note Taking
• Field Trips to Local Universities
• Guest Speakers
• Leadership Training
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2016-2017 school year.
View the PowerPoint to learn more about the AVID Program.